Monday, December 4, 2006

Getting ready

We've sold the house. We've quit our jobs. Soon we won't both be able to work legally in the same country. So we're heading south, as far south as we can go. We'll be taking the VW camper van variously known as the Breadloaf (because that's what it looks like) or laTortuga (because it'll be our slow-moving portable home for the next few months).

We plan to speed through Mexico, stop in Xela, Guatelama for language school for a week or two, and then drive relatively quickly through the rest of Central America, because it's close to North America and will be easy to visit later. We'll ship laTortuga from Costa Rica to Ecuador, then drive through Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, and Brazil, ending up at Douglas' dad's house in southern Brazil. I can't wait to see the wool in Uruguay. Douglas can't wait to climb all the volcanos between here and there. And we're both having dreams about monkeys, parrots, and lots of fresh fruit.

I need to go practice my spanish. More later, from the road...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
thank you for doing this great website , found it very helpful, myself and my boyfriend are planning the same roadtrip. can i just ask you what was your overall budget? thank you very much Radka

Anonymous said...

hey!!! i was going to ask the same!! me and my girlfriend are doing this trip.

if you can send me an e mail to cruz_pablo@hotmail.com i would really appreciate it. we are atarting at mexico the trip

regards